Thursday, June 26, 2008

Video Stars

So, I'm trying to be consistent about blogging... at least while I'm participating in this Parenting course. We've had a couple of weeks off due to Father's Day and summer vacation schedules. Last night I contributed to a video that RCC is creating to let folks know about an upcoming session of the course. I had the benefit of watching another couple answer questions first, so it was a little less weird when it was my turn. The questions I answered were:

Q. Why did you like this course?
A. I read lots of books. Participating in the course is better for me for several reasons a) it keeps me motivated to read regularly and retain the material for discussion; b)in discussions with other participants you hear the same material through a variety of experiential lenses; c) you learn that their kids are not perfect either - they are normal/average kids just like yours.

Q. Have you applied anything you've learned in the course?
A. I'm really slow sometimes, but I eventually catch on. See my "Yes or No" post for an example.

Q. How has your parenting changed as a result of the course?
A. The course reinforces the concept of the husband being the authority figure in the home. I've consciously tried to step back and let my husband take the lead where I may have micromanaged a situation. It really works better when he is in control.

So, that's it. Coming to a church sanctuary real soon. I'll be a video star. AND I'll sink into the seat in embarrassment to see myself on the screen. So will my kids!

No comments: